The Prinsen Boat location
From Schiphol airport to The Prinsenboat
By public transport to the Prinsenboat:
1.You can take the train, 20 minutes, to Central Station and proceed with tram number nr.4. Get off the tram at the 5th stop, Prinsengracht (Utrechtsestraat).
2. You can take the train to Central Station and continue with the new metro.
3. You can take the bus Amsterdam Express bus (line 397) from Schiphol to Leidseplein and walk to The Prinsenboat. A bit of a walk though, between 20 and 30 minutes.
For more information https://www.connexxion.nl/
4. You can take a taxi directly to The Prinsenboat.
Be sure to take an official airport taxi. The total fare should be around 50 Euro.
And, please, advise us if you take taxi, this will influence your arrival time.
By tram to the Prinsenboat:
- Take tram number 4 (the stop is located, coming out of the main entrance of C.S., to your left)
- Get off the tram at the 5th stop, Prinsengracht (Utrechtsestraat).
- As the tram pulls away, you will see a flower stand on the opposite side of the street. We are the first houseboat behind the flowerstand, Prinsengracht 816F and opposite house n.816
By foot to the Prinsenboat:
- Approximately 2.4km to The Prinsenboat (approximately 30 minutes of walking)
You can check if you walk in the correct direction on the Prinsengracht canal, by checking the house numbers; you have to see even numbers that will either increase or decrease.
Uneven numbers mean you are on the wrong side.
By car to the Prinsenboat:
- Follow the highway you are driving on towards Amsterdam, the A1, A2 or the A4 to the ring A10.
- When you are driving on the Ring (A10) around Amsterdam, take exit S112 coming form the highways A1, A2 and A4.
- Gooiseweg which will turn into Wibautstraat. At the end turn left. This is a mayor cross over. You will be turning left just in front of the canal.
- This is the S110(Centrum).
- At the second set of traffic lights you turn right. You will see the Dutch national bank and you will reach Frederiksplein, continue into Utrechtsestraat.
- After few meters you’ll reach the Prinsengracht Canal (the first Canal), before the bridge you should turn right (notice a bar at the corner) and you’ll find The Prinsenboat, Prinsengracht 816F, opposite house number 816. The first boat.
By subway to the Prinsenboat:
The new subway North/South route
The North/South route, metro 52, provides a fast connection between the north and south.
It only takes 15 minutes to travel from the north to the south and vice versa.
With metro 52, it will only take you a quarter of an hour to travel from the new Station Noord to Station Zuid. While underway you will encounter six new metro stations: Noorderpark Station on the northern side of IJ river, Central Station, Rokin, Vijzelgracht, De Pijp, and Europaplein on the southern side. It runs every six minutes and later in the evenings alternating between seven and eight minutes.
The subway station Vijzelgracht is close to The Prinsenboat, around 8 minutes walking.
Subway station Vijzelgracht
- Take the M52 direction South (Zuid) until the Vijzelgracht station.
- Station Vijzelgracht is located between the Weteringschans and the Prinsengracht. The station has three exits.
- Take exit Prinsengracht and walk towards the canal, this is the Prinsengracht already.Turn right along the canal and walk along the canal units you reach The Prinsenboat at Prinsengracht 816F.
- You can check if you walk in the correct direction by checking the house numbers; you have to see even numbers that will increase.
- The Prinsenboat is the first boat behind the flower stable and opposite cafe Onder de Ooievaar.